For more information regarding our move, please read the two last post published below.

09 April 2007

McGuire: Koivu almost a Flame...


Now remember...this is a few moons ago when I was trying to become general manager of the Calgary Flames, the first thing I would have done was to get Saku Koivu and I remember there was an amazing offer that had come through.
-Pierre McGuire, on "Melnick in the Afternoon" (Team 990 Montreal), broadcast Apr 09.

EDIT: I'm sorry, it appears I have misheard what Pierre said, thanks to a few readers, here's what he really said.
You won't get this anywhere else, unless you were listening to the Team 990 yesterday.

Wow, Koivu in Calgary, now that would be something!

His first move would've been to get Koivu, but Craig Button won out the GM job.
McGuire was always close to the Flames organisation, so he probably knew of their inner workings.
I wonder what was so amazing about this deal?

Bleu, Blanc et Rouge

2 fanatics have replied:

Matthew Macaskill said...

Hmm, interesting indeed. I wonder what was supposed to come Montreal's way?

Bleu, Blanc et Rouge said...

Only Pierre knows that, do you think I should email him and ask him about this?

© 2007 Bleu, Blanc et Rouge.

All Rights Reserved. The content of this blog is the sole opinion of these bloggers and does not represent an opinion of any kind of a professional NHL hockey team mentioned.