For more information regarding our move, please read the two last post published below.

29 April 2007

When Posting Goes Overboard.....

As many of you know I post commonly on the Hockey's Future boards. I think they are great place to debate and learn about the game. Unfortunately they are also a place where emotion often runs wild. Another unfortunate side effect is that you can see the unhappy side effect of people who lose sight of the fact that the NHL is a big game and not life and death. The post below was posted by Balej20, a user on the Rangers board within HFboards. He appears to have progressed beyond rationality and into a George Bush-like denial and conspiracy mindset. What I am saying is this. While the calls were inconsistent and I WOULD have counted the Rachunek goal. Anyone, ANYONE, who believes the NHL gives a rats ass if the Sabres win the cup is dangerously delusional. Please read and judge for yourself.

Originally Posted by Balej20 on www.HFboards.com
"I'm sorry, but this has to be said. I don't care who I offend or whatever, but it's an issue that must be addressed. There is, without a doubt, something going on when it comes to this Sabres team and the league. There is obviously a fix/conspiracy or whatever you want to call it. When all these "breaks" were going the Sabres way in the Islanders series, I kinda shrugged it off, until about game 3. Then it started becoming apparent what the league has in store for this Sabre team. Now I have to watch Power Play after Power Play go the Sabres way until they tie it up. I have to watch an obvious No-Goal for the Sabres in game one, where the guy BATS the puck into the net with his hand, and that counts. But when Rachunek is being hooked, pushed and trying to stop, that goal doesn't count. Jagr has to endure slash after slash, after hook after hold, without any calls. But Godforbid he raises his stick, it's a penalty. I just can't take this anymore.They desperately want this "New NHL" style team to win. This is the league's baby, the way this team plays is exactly what the NHL wants to be identified by. So what better way for the fans to buy into it, then to have this team "be" succesful. I'm tired of being cheated as a fan watching this travesty. I'm not sitting here crying, or complaining, I'm sitting here because I know I am being cheated. And I KNOW deep down, all of you feel the sameway. If something doesn't change quick, I will no longer watch the NHL and I would hope other fans follow, because we are all being taken for a ride."

All I can say to Balej20 is sorry. Go on vacation, take up knitting. Hockey is bad for you. If you read this and identify with it. Time to see the psychiatrist. I come from the land of "no goal", "phantom goal", "wide right" and Buffalo politics. A conspiracy is Enron, the War in Iraq, things like that. Time to focus that type of energy on real problems Budej20. Get well soon.

3 fanatics have replied:

Bleu, Blanc et Rouge said...

I post on HFBoards as well, as you should come check out the crap that's posted on the Habs board, it' a lot worse than some of this.

CuJo said...

I also post on HFBoards and I agree with the crap that's posted on there. I usually stick with the Red Wings section. I have to say that we are a select group of people and the quality conversations is very good

Bleu, Blanc et Rouge said...

It's also hilarious when the fans go overboard...

© 2007 Bleu, Blanc et Rouge.

All Rights Reserved. The content of this blog is the sole opinion of these bloggers and does not represent an opinion of any kind of a professional NHL hockey team mentioned.