For more information regarding our move, please read the two last post published below.

02 March 2007

Impressed with McDonald's NHL Star Sticks


Hat tip to Sherry over at Scarlett Ice, for the pic...

As I drove into my local McDonald's Monday morning to grab a coffee, I noticed the banner on the outside of the building promoting McDonald's new NHL Star Sticks.

I figured "Aww, what the hell, I'll get one to see what it's all about"

And it proved to be the best investment of my day and I drove happily out of their drive-thru window with my coffee on my seat and my new toy in my hands.

It was delivered in a a plastic bag with the named marked down on top in big bold black letters.
"SPEZZA," mine read.

I opened up the bag, and took out what seems to be a vertical silver case with the NHL logo and "Star Sticks" written below it. I opened it up and I was actually impressed with my new collectible. On the left side of the opened case was a mini-version of Jason Spezza's actual Sherwood stick with the possibility of taking it out. I dared do no such thing and I turned my head to the right where Jason Spezza and his stick (obviously) are in view.

For 2.69 + tax
, I thought I was just gonna get something I'd admire for a few minutes and have already forgotten about it the next week. Not this...I can't wait to get my next stick.

Best hockey collectible McDonald's has developped in a long time. Definitely worth checking out.

Bleu, Blanc et Rouge.

2 fanatics have replied:

CG12 said...

The only thing McDonald's here sells is heart disease. :(

Guess I'll have to keep an eye out on e-bay for them.

Bleu, Blanc et Rouge said...

Yeah, they actually do and for cheap too.

We got some of that too up here :(

© 2007 Bleu, Blanc et Rouge.

All Rights Reserved. The content of this blog is the sole opinion of these bloggers and does not represent an opinion of any kind of a professional NHL hockey team mentioned.