For more information regarding our move, please read the two last post published below.

22 July 2007

Lurk-a-sitis

So far I've seemed to have a strange case of lurk-a-sitis on this blog, you know the one; You sign up for a blog you love and then nothing comes up that is particularly interesting to write about. You're then left sitting around hoping that the owner of said blog doesn't think you've just decided to blow the blog off after he painstakingly entered your spiffy Bio on the sidebar. Man, life is rough for those of us suffering from lurk-a-sitis.

I don't have a whole lot to say about my team at the moment because we've been being relatively invisible this off-season. We've signed a couple guys for the AHL and a couple that are (hopefully) pieces to our rebuild puzzle. Most important was the goalie situation. We've gotten word that Cujo won't be back with us (at the least) next season so we only had Telly to rely on and we (as fans) know how much trouble that can get us into. According to some fans we were in desperate need of a goalie; I, however, was choosing to plant my faith in the Telly/Lenny duo. My logic being that we're not going to be contenders for a few years anyway, why not give the young guns a chance to get in there and show what they're made of?

Of course, we all know that whenever you start to think you know what your team should do they turn and do the exact opposite. Maybe that's just my team...

So we went out and we signed David Aebischer to a one year $600,000 contract. I've heard a lot of conflicting opinions on this signing. No one really seems to think that this is a fabulous signing for my 'Yotes but the general consensus is that if Abby can keep it together then it'll at least be a steal for the Coyotes because of his low price.

I haven't quite made up my mind yet. On one hand he did come really cheap and he'll (hopefully) get Telly and Lenny in the mindset that they need to fight and keep fighting for their position next year; They'll know they won't be able to just coast through because we have no one else to turn to, we'll have others who can take their place. On the other hand, when I think 'No. 1 Goalie', Abby doesn't even come close to the top of my list and it's no secret that I was really hoping to hold out for Vesa (before he was traded). It's another case of me thinking I know what we'll do and then getting slapped in the face with reality.

All I can really say at the moment is that the Coyotes are taking baby steps toward what we hope is a Stanley Cup winning future. Don't laugh! It could happen...

3 fanatics have replied:

JD FLYGUY said...

I know what you mean! I've been trying to come up with something to write for my team (Flyers), but I can't seem to find anything of undeniable relevance to write about! It's frustrating, but at the same time, I know that there is more to come in the months leading up to next season. I've never really been a fan of summer in general. Maybe it's the heat - or maybe it's the lack of hockey...

Bleu, Blanc et Rouge said...

Haha, it's ok Tracy, I actually feel kinda the same way, now's what you call the "low point" when it comes to hockey news and talk.

Don't worry, we will have more than enough to talk about during the regular season, I'm looking forward to it!

Cheers!

And hang in there JD Flyguy, totally agree with you!

Anonymous said...

Awww! Well, I can relate too. There hasn't been much news lately, and when there has, it's been sad news about deaths and such. (Makes it hard to write something humorous.)

I'm gonna be keeping an eye on Abby to see how he does with your team. I'd like to see him get his act together.

- LCL

© 2007 Bleu, Blanc et Rouge.

All Rights Reserved. The content of this blog is the sole opinion of these bloggers and does not represent an opinion of any kind of a professional NHL hockey team mentioned.